Where: Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, Washington, DC
When: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, from noon to 1:35 p.m.
What: Best Buy is hosting an e-waste summit — an intimate roundtable discussion moderated by Joel Makower, creator and executive editor of GreenBiz. Additional attendees will include industry leaders, NGO partners and lawmakers, including representatives from CEA, ERI and the Northwest Recycling Council. Topics will cover general issues facing the e-waste industry and challenges facing consumer education regarding electronics recycling.
Run of show
- Noon to 12:15 p.m.: Attendees arrive, lunch begins and Introduction by Leo Raudys and Joel Makower
- 12:15 to 12:20 p.m.: Presentation by Leo Raudys, Senior Director Environmental Sustainability, Best Buy
- 12:20 to 12:30 p.m.: Discussion
- 12:30 to 12:35 p.m.: Presentation by John Shegarian, President and CEO, ERI
- 12:35 to 12:45 p.m.: Discussion
- 12:45 to 12:50 p.m.: Presentation by Chris Librie Director, Environmental Initiatives, HP
- 12:50 to 1 p.m.: Discussion
- 1 to 1:05 p.m.: Presentation by Lynn Rubenstein, Executive Director, Northeast Recycling Council
- 1:05 to 1:15 p.m.: Discussion
- 1:15 to 1:20 p.m.: Presentation by Mike Watson, Takeback and Recycling, Dell
- 1:20 to 1:30 p.m.: Discussion
- 1:30 to 1:35 p.m.: Closing remarks and next steps