November 15 is America Recycles Day. Find a recycling event in your community to help make a difference.
- Disney Stores nationwide are accepting T-shirts to be recycled and turned into paper. Find out more at disney.com/projectgreen.
- At the Ohio Courthouse in Columbus, OH, anyone can drop off eyeglasses, cell phones, ink and toner cartridges and e-waste from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. for reuse in various at various nonprofits or for recycling.
- At Morgan State University in Baltimore, all-day events include recycling information booths, recycling pledge cards, carbon footprint surveys and Q&As with teachers, students and faculty.
- At the University of California – Irvine, students can learn about recycling and take home complimentary recycling T-shirts from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Fort Worth, TX, residents can bring up to 40 pounds of secure paper documents to be shredded and recycled from 9 a.m. to noon at GreenStar North America. Click here for details.
- Kansas City, KS’ Schlagle Library becomes a recycling destination from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with a kitchen composting demonstration, recycled art class, family- and eco-friendly activities and recycled crafts.
- The Everett, WA, naval station is offering a recycling open house from 10:30 a.m. until noon. Attendees can drop off recycling, see recycling machines and operations and receive recycling tips and ideas to help reduce during the holiday season.