Featuring recyclable, plant-based materials and a regenerative braking system for improved fuel efficiency, this hybrid is the ultimate in greener driving.
- The Normal mode gives the driver naturally progressive power.
- The Sport mode can be selected when the driver wants a more lively driving experience.
- The Eco mode adjusts air conditioning settings and the throttle response is reduced relative to the pedal angle to emphasize fuel economy.
- The EV mode allows the vehicle to be driven in its electric mode for as long as the battery lasts.
- The CT 200h’s regenerative braking system helps recharge the hybrid battery pack and improve fuel efficiency. An explanation of regenerative braking from the Lexus site: “During braking, coasting and deceleration, energy that would normally be lost as heat is captured as electrical energy, which is then used to recharge the battery.”
- The standard six-speaker audio system features the world’s first automotive speakers constructed with sustainable bamboo and resin.
- Ecological plastics with 30% plant-based polyethylene terephthalate (PET) materials are used for the floor mats, deck side and deck board trim. The vehicle is more than 80% recyclable and is designed to be easily unassembled. The recycling symbol has been placed on the front, rear and tailgate trim to make recyclable parts as clear as possible.
- Careful aerodynamic detailing of the lower bumper and finned rear undercover improves both vehicle stability and fuel consumption.