Stop carelessly tossing rubber bands and start reusing them with the help of these inspirational ideas.
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) reuses rubber bands. You can leave them out for your mail carrier or take them with you the next time your visit your local post office. You can even bundle them and drop them into any blue USPS-designated mailbox.
- Wrap a rubber band or two around the lid of a jar to make a stubborn lid easier to open.
- Keep a desk drawer more organized by using rubber bands to wrap around pencils, pens, markers and crayons.
- Keep your sewing basket better organized by wrapping rubber bands around your spools of thread to keep them from unraveling and tangling up.
- When mixing up cake, pancake or muffin batter, wrap a rubber band around the top of the handle of your spoon to stop if from slipping into the mixing bowl.
- Secure rubber bands around the shoulder areas of a hanger to help keep clothing from sliding off the hanger.
- This rubber band maternity trick helped me through two pregnancies. Continue using your jeans throughout your pregnancy by threading a rubber band through your jeans buttonhole and then around the button.