While the holidays are about joy and celebration, for most it’s about gift giving as well. If you’re searching for a great green gift on a budget, we think you’ll like our finds below that are each under $50.
- Alchemy Goods’ Dopp kit: Perfect for traveling, this Dopp kit (below) is made from a truck inner tube, making it super durable. We like that it will keep potential spills inside the kit rather than seeping out to clothing. It comes complete with a shiny bicycle valve zipper pull. ($32)
- Black Dinah Chocolatiers gift box: Strawberry balsamic with dark chocolate? Yes, please. Fresh chèvre with bittersweet chocolate? Yum! The Farm Market Collection of truffles from Black Dinah Chocolatiers makes a great gift for a host/hostess or even a stocking stuffer. Each truffle features ingredients grown in Maine. (Eight-piece box: $20, 18-piece box: $45).
- Recycled Sandpiper night-light: Designed by husband-and-wife team Vawn and Mike Gray, this night-light is fused from post-consumer glass bottles. Each will slightly vary because they are handmade, which we think makes them even more special. ($38)
- To-Go Ware’s two-tier tiffin and carrier bag combo: For those that ride their bikes or take the subway to work, this is a great hands-free option for carrying lunches. This two-tier tiffin and carrier bag combo from To-Go Ware features a stainless steel tiffin set (complete with a “sidekick” to hold things like dressings, soup and nuts) and a convenient recycled cotton carrier bag. ($39.95)
- Tiny heart necklace: For a sweet and simple gift for the one you love, this tiny heart necklace is one that can be worn every day. Made from recycled 14k gold overlay or recycled silver overlay, it’s handcrafted in San Francisco, and has an adjustable length. ($42)