Blue Planet Eyewear’s name alone invokes a sense of environmentalism. The socially responsible company makes eco-friendly sunglasses and reading glasses. Here is what makes Blue Planet Eyewear unique:
- During the process of manufacturing eyeglass frames, excess metals and plastics are squeezed out of the molds, which creates waste that typically ends up in landfills. Blue Planet Eyewear recycles that excess material back into making eyeglass frames. Blue Planet’s metal and plastic frames are made with recycled, sustainable bamboo or reclaimed materials.
- Blue Planet’s sunglasses provide maximum ultraviolet and glare protection and are scratch resistant.
- All paints used are lead-free.
- All metal plating used is nickel-free, keeping toxic metals out of the manufacturing process.
- All boxes, interior/outer packaging and hangtags are made with at least 65% post-consumer material. Blue Planet’s marketing materials are printed using soy-based inks on FSC-certified recycled paper.
“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” — Mahatma Gandhi