Go Recycle Now is a recycling service provided in the Compton, CA; Commerce City, CO; Springfield, IL; Louisville, KY; Morrisville, NC; Philadelphia; and Kent, WA, areas that is managed by Appliance Recycling Centers of America, Inc. (NASDAQ:ARCI). Proper appliance recycling prevents millions of tons of carbon dioxide-equivalent (CO2 eq.) greenhouse gases from entering the atmosphere:
- Indirectly by reducing the energy consumed by older energy-guzzling appliances and by creating new raw materials for manufacturing; and
- directly by preventing the release of refrigerants and foam-blowing agents into the atmosphere.
- Refrigerants (HFC, CFC or HCFC), including those used as blowing agents in rigid polyurethane insulation, are collected and reclaimed or destroyed in an environmentally sound manner.
- Capacitors suspected of containing PCBs are destroyed at a licensed and permitted hazardous waste disposal facility.
- ARCA also recycles the ferrous and nonferrous metals, evaporators, fan motors, compressors, glass (whenever possible), drawers, crispers and other plastic pieces.