Did you know recycling doesn’t just keep garbage from our local landfills, it can provide raw materials for manufacturing new products. Here are 5 more fun recycling facts to increase your knowledge about recycling.
- Just one recycled plastic bottle saves enough energy to run a 100-watt bulb for 4 hours. It also creates 50 percent less water pollution and 20 percent less air pollution than would be created when making a new bottle. (Source: Rubicon Global)
- Fix a leaky faucet and you can save over 500 gallons of water a year. (Source: Go Ever Green)
- Glass can be used over and over and it’s 100 percent recyclable. Glass is separated by colors when its being recycled because it retains its color even after recycling. You can power a 100-watt lightbulb for four hours with the energy saved by recycling one glass bottle. (Source: Conserve Energy Future)
- You can keep the lights on in your room for 14 days with the amount of energy you save by recycling 100 aluminum cans. (Source: Go Ever Green)
- Using recycled paper saves not only tree but also saves water. Every ton of paper produced (using non-recycled material) uses 7,000 gallons of water. (Source: Recycling Bin)
Curious to learn more? Check out these Must-Read Recycling Facts From Around the World.